Nature in Sonja's work
"For plein-air artist Sonja Brussen, nature is the greatest source of inspiration. She sets out to capture the moment, the speed of light, the change of clouds. It is an ongoing hunt and a daily quest to capture light, air and space. Nature has fascinated her from a young age, and she captures it with a minimum of human influences. Her powerful works, which connect Impressionism and Expressionism, are painted alla prima (wet-on-wet) by Sonja Brussen. Her technique and use of colour are strong and very personal."
Harry J. Kraaij, art historian
- Museum Staal, Almen, 2 juni 2020 t/m 28 maart 2021.
- Museum Møhlmann, ORT, Appingedam, 4 okt t/m 20 dec 2020.
- Galerie Posthuys, 2 september t/m 13 dec 2020.
- Galerie Année, Haarlem, 21 nov t/m 9 jan 2021.
- Galerie Pfundt, Berlijn, dezemberaustellung, 2020.
- Galerie Drentsche Aa, Balloo, t/m 29 nov 2020.
- Katwijk en Plein Air expositie, 4 juli t/m 27 september 2020.
- Museum Møhlmann, Appingedam, 2 aug t/m 27 sept 2020.
- Galerie Ruigewaert, Appingedam, doorlopend 2020.
- Huntenkunst 2021, Ulft, 27, 28 en 29 mei 2021.
- Watermuseum, Arnhem (Sonsbeek), april t/m juni 2021.
Plein Air Blog
Interview Artist Magazine
'Artist Sonja Brussen makes paintings from nature. Nature means everything to me. When I started painting outside, everything fell into place. All influences and changes in nature are insanely important to my...
New! Art Cards
It was asked regularly and there they are! Now available in the Online Store: 12 different Art Cards. They are double glossy cards (14 x 14 cm) on premium heavy paper. Of course including matching envelopes.
With a completely new website, a fresh new Online Store has also emerged. In the Online Store you will find available paintings, books and now also beautiful cards. There is a collaboration with galleries.