Nature in Sonja's work
"For plein-air artist Sonja Brussen, nature is the greatest source of inspiration. She sets out to capture the moment, the speed of light, the change of clouds. It is an ongoing hunt and a daily quest to capture light, air and space. Nature has fascinated her from a young age, and she captures it with a minimum of human influences. Her powerful works, which connect Impressionism and Expressionism, are painted alla prima (wet-on-wet) by Sonja Brussen. Her technique and use of colour are strong and very personal."
Harry J. Kraaij, art historian
- Kunst of Art, Laag Keppel, Solo-exhibition, 19 May t/m 2 July 2022.
- Huntenkunst 2022, Ulft, 20, 21, en 22 May 2022.
- Gallery Rijlaarsdam, Nieuwkoop, 2 jun t/m 5 sept 2022.
- Gallery Drentsche Aa, Balloo, 10 april t/m 29 mei 2022.
- Museum Møhlmann, Appingedam, Miniaturen, 7 aug t/m 25 sept 2022.
- Painting festival Noordwijk, 20 to 26 jun 2022.
- Gallery Année, Haarlem, work in stock , 2022.
- Gallery Posthuys, De Koog, work in stock 2022.
- Gallery Pfundt, Berlijn, work in stock, 2022.
- Gallery Ruigewaert, Appingedam, work in stock 2022.
- Gallery RitsArt, Maassluis, work in stock, 2021.
- Water Museum Arnhem, Group exhibition NVZ, 2 feb t/m 3 apr, 2022.
- Pulchri Studio, Den Haag, 4 t/m 30 Jan 2022.
Exhibitions & news
Meet & Greet
28 May. 2022
LAAG-KEPPEL - Until 2 July, Kunst of Art organizes the exhibition 'Nature is calling' by Sonja Brussen in her church in Laag-Keppel. Sonja Brussen will be present on Saturday afternoon, May 28 between...
Solo Kunst of Art
19 May. to 2 Jul. 2022
From May 19 to July 2, 2022, a large selection of my latest work can be seen in the beautifully renovated church of Kunst of Art in Laag Keppel. "Nature is calling" is the appropriate title of my solo exhibition. Nature in its...
20, 21 en 22 May. 2022
Finally it's time again "Huntenkunst" can take place again I'm looking forward to it again. It is a well-organized Contemporary Art fair where artists themselves are present. Huntenkunst is an annual international art...
Plein Air Blog
3 May. 2022
Early this morning I had an interview for the new book of the Dutch Association of Marine Painters. We discussed everything in the studio, but more about that later. After the interview I quickly packed my...
30 Apr. 2022
It was quite a cool day, but one with very beautiful cloudy skies and with flowers appearing everywhere. Of course I couldn't resist. With a wind force two it is therefore the time for a large canvas...
20 Apr. 2022
Nature is now really bursting, which is so beautiful to see every year. The world of the willows is also changing. Dandelions and Pentecostal flowers adorn the fields in great numbers. Fresh leaves...