Nature in Sonja's work
"For plein-air artist Sonja Brussen, nature is the greatest source of inspiration. She sets out to capture the moment, the speed of light, the change of clouds. It is an ongoing hunt and a daily quest to capture light, air and space. Nature has fascinated her from a young age, and she captures it with a minimum of human influences. Her powerful works, which connect Impressionism and Expressionism, are painted alla prima (wet-on-wet) by Sonja Brussen. Her technique and use of colour are strong and very personal."
Harry J. Kraaij, art historian
- Zandvoorts Museum, Zandvoort, 7 mei t/m 25 juli 2021.
- Galerie Drentsche Aa, Balloo, 23 mei t/m eind juli 2021.
- Huntenkunst 2021, Ulft, (Gaat helaas niet door!)
- Huntenkunst 2022, Ulft, 20, 21, en 22 mei 2022.
- Schilderfestival Noordwijk, 5 t/m 11 juli 2021.
- Katwijk en Plein Air 2021, 28 aug t/m 4 sept, 2021.
- Museum Møhlmann, Appingedam, (Miniaturen), 8 aug t/m 3 okt 2021.
- Museum Møhlmann (ORT), Appingedam, 10 okt t/m 19 dec 2021.
- Galerie Année, Haarlem, werk in stock , 2021.
- Galerie Posthuys, De Koog, werk in stock, 2021.
- Galerie Pfundt, Berlijn, werk in stock, 2021.
- Galerie Ruigewaert, Appingedam, doorlopend 2021.
- Galerie RitsArt, Maassluis, werk in stock, 2021.
Plein Air Blog
The rapeseed field remains attractive so I am back in the same place, but now next to the path. Today the weather is lovely and the coat can be taken off. Next to me in the undergrowth is a large mouse family foraging...
In the field with U.Go
It is spring, wonderful weather with beautiful clouds and of course it is time for me to go outside. Today I am going out for the first time with my new plein air buddy the U.go pochade box ...
Wall painting Museum STAAL
When I was asked if I wanted to paint a wall painting in Museum STAAL, I of course said yes. It is a honor and a great challenge. And yes it was hard work on this scale, but I managed ...