Nature in Sonja's work
"For plein-air artist Sonja Brussen, nature is the greatest source of inspiration. She sets out to capture the moment, the speed of light, the change of clouds. It is an ongoing hunt and a daily quest to capture light, air and space. Nature has fascinated her from a young age, and she captures it with a minimum of human influences. Her powerful works, which connect Impressionism and Expressionism, are painted alla prima (wet-on-wet) by Sonja Brussen. Her technique and use of colour are strong and very personal."
Harry J. Kraaij, art historian
- Zandvoorts Museum, Zandvoort, 7 mei t/m 25 juli 2021.
- Galerie Drentsche Aa, Balloo, 24 mei t/m eind juli 2021.
- Huntenkunst 2021, Ulft, 27, 28 en 29 mei 2021.
- Schilderfestival Noordwijk, 21 t/m 27 juni 2021.
- Katwijk en Plein Air 2021, 28 aug t/m 4 sept, 2021.
- Museum Møhlmann, Appingedam, 1 aug t/m 26 sept 2021.
- Galerie Année, Haarlem, werk in stock , 2021.
- Galerie Posthuys, De Koog, werk in stock, 2021.
- Galerie Pfundt, Berlijn, werk in stock, 2021.
- Galerie Ruigewaert, Appingedam, doorlopend 2021.
- Watermuseum, Arnhem, (uitgesteld) 2021.
- Galerie RitsArt, Maassluis, werk in stock, 2021.
Plein Air Blog
Plein Air Buddy
Today a photo from 2013 that I came across in my archive and immediately brought back many beautiful memories. Here I was working for the exhibition "Closer to the IJssel" at Galerie Lenten in Epse ...
Interview Artist Magazine
'Artist Sonja Brussen makes paintings from nature. Nature means everything to me. When I started painting outside, everything fell into place. All influences and changes in nature are insanely important to my...
Things called love
The sun showed itself today and it was very busy at the river Berkel. Fortunately, I have my sights on the evening right now. The last walkers left and peace returns. There is some rain in the air, but the light is very...